Last updated: March 15th, 2023
- Application of this Privacy Statement
- Information We Collect
We only collect the data necessary to provide the app's core functionalities or improve the user experience:
- Contact information: phone numbers, alternate email addresses, and physical addresses.
- Social media information: profile URLs, usernames.
- Device and technical information: device type & operating system.
- Behavioral and usage data: in-app actions, pages visited, time spent on pages, clicks, taps, and app engagement patterns.
- Payment and billing information: credit card details, billing address, transaction history, and subscription details.
- User-generated content: images, videos, text, audio files, and any other content uploaded or created by users within the app.
- Information from third-party integrations: data retrieved from linked accounts, such as Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, or other services that users choose to connect with your app.
We do not collect any sensitive personal data as defined by the GDPR.
Our users may post content (“User Content”). Such information remains the intellectual property of the user but Wave is granted a lifetime, worldwide, revocable license to use the User Content on its App and for the purposes listed hereinunder.
We may use your User Content including but not limited to the following purposes:
- To administer your use of our Services.
- To better understand your needs and interests.
- To better understand and improvise our products and services.
- To facilitate your use and personalizing your experience on the App.
- To respond to your inquiries or fulfilling your requests for information about our Service(s).
- To provide you with information about our Services and sending you information and materials from Wave including marketing communication.
- To help you address problems with the App, including any technical problems.
- To detect and prevent identity theft, fraud, and other potentially illegal acts as well as protecting the integrity of the website.
- To respond to subpoenas, court orders, or judicial processes.
- To provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety.
- To resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- To help with any investigations or complaints.
- To provide you with relevant information or Service(s) that you request from us or which we feel may interest you based on previous interactions, where you have consented to be contacted.
- We maintain a helpdesk function for addressing any questions, comments or concerns about the App. We may access users’ e-mail address and any other information they elect to provide as part of responding to such inquiries. This information is only utilized for customer support, is stored only for recordkeeping and analytics purposes, and is not otherwise shared.
- We may from time to time collect automatically-collected information when you access our services (“Usage Data”), such as browser information, link interaction with our products, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and any other usage information collected from other tracking tools.
- We use “Cookies” to optimize our services. These include three types of Cookies, which you may opt out of, though this may impact the ability to access all or some of the App:
- Preference Cookies: Preference Cookies are used to recall your preferences and different settings, as well as to increase the quality and convenience of your experience with our Services;
- Security Cookies: Security Cookies are used to enhance your security when using our Services; and
- Session Cookies: Session Cookies are used to operate our Services.
- Third-Party Data Processors
Wave provides your personal information to third parties who are obligated to use the personal information that we share with them for the purpose of provision of their services to us in order to help us run our business. These third parties include but are not limited to business partners, suppliers, sub-contractors, advertisers & advertising networks, analytics & search engine providers, payment providers. We may also share with third parties aggregate information or information that does not personally identify you. These third-party data processors include, but are not limited to:
- Google LLC – Cloud Service Provider
- Stripe – Payment processor
- Sendgrid – Marketing & emails automation
- Zapier – Workflow integration software
- Zoho – Sales (CRM) and support software platform
- Sentry – Error monitoring
- Shopify – Ecommerce Platform
- How We Use Information
Wave uses the data we collect for our legitimate business purposes including but not limited to the following:
- To provide and maintain our services;
- To keep you updated about improvements to the App;
- To allow you to choose whether to engage in different aspects of the App;
- To respond to any complaints you may have by delivering customer service support;
- To collect useful data and analytics so that we can improve our App;
- To monitor your usage of our App; and
- To prevent, detect, fix, and address technical issues.
- Information Disclosure
We limit any sharing of information we have collected about you to certain narrow purposes. Your information may be shared for the following reasons only:
- To comply with laws or to protect rights of users
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to a legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To assist third-party service providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
- To perform analysis and marketing strategies with other third parties
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analyses. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
- To transfer assets in the event of sale or bankruptcy
- To utilize api integration with social media providers
- Deleting Your Information
- Our Stance on Contact with You
We may from time to time contact you to remind you about something related to the App or to inform you of other great services we have in the works through “push notifications” or similar means. If you do not wish to receive notifications, you will be provided an “opt-out” option. We may also contact customer users in other ways such as e-mail with promotional materials, newsletters, and coupons or deals. You will be provided an “opt-out” option if you do not wish to take advantage of these communications.
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
We process personal data based on the following legal bases:
- Contract: We process your personal data to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, such as providing the services you request, ensuring proper billing, and managing your account.
- Your Rights under the GDPR
As a user from the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Right of access: You have the right to request access to your personal data that we hold. To submit a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal data. You can update your personal information from within the application.
- Right to erasure ("right to be forgotten"): You have the right to request the deletion of your personal data under certain circumstances. To submit a request, please contact email@example.com or go to “Settings” then “Data & Privacy” and delete your account.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request that we limit the processing of your personal data in certain situations, such as when you contest the accuracy of the data or object to processing. To submit a request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from us. To submit a request, please contact email@example.com.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes or when our processing is based on legitimate interests. To submit a request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to withdraw consent: If our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. To submit a request, please contact email@example.com.
- Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is Georges El-Hage, who can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or +15149526864.
- Transfers of Personal Data
- Contact Information
Wave Connect Inc.
Attention: Data Protection Officer